The best TV wall mount is that which suits the environment it’s being set in. Give your TV a positioning that’s theatrical, ergonomic, and optimized to the room while freeing up space. Choosing a mount is made easy with this how-to guide. Are you ready – here we go.
Why You May Want A TV Wall Mount
A TV wall mount does a lot for a home theater space. It frees up unnecessary space use. It becomes easier to get yourself invested and immersed in content you watch on a mounted screen. You can angle your flat-screen to avoid glare from lamps and natural light.
Step 1 – Look At Your Flat-Screen’s Specifications
Every flat-screen only has a certain type of TV wall mount to match it. Write down its VESA specifications, dimensions, and weight. These three things will guide your purchase. VESA specifications refer to the holes in the back of the screen’s design. These holes are how a flat-screen comes to be mounted. Every TV wall mount specifies how much weight it can handle, dimensions, and specifications.
Step 2 – What Kind of TV Wall Mount Do You Want?
There’s a TV wall mount for all sorts of circumstances and home theater arrangements.
- If luxury is your objective, there are all sorts of impressively-built wall mounts out there.
- Larger full-motion pull-down mounts are great for installation over a fireplace.
- A wall mount for curved screens is able to accommodate TVs or monitors that aren’t flat.
- There are also heavy-duty TV ceiling mounts to hang down from above if you have the stability there.
- A lack of space in your home theater room might mean you want an ultra-slim basic TV mount that is flush with the wall. Though you can have some range of motion here, inexpensive basic mounts are focused on getting your screen up and secure more than anything.
- A full-motion TV wall mount provides the maximum amount of movement. Beyond an adjustment in the angle, you can often use an arm to pull and position your screen in different positions depending on where one is seated in the room watching.
- A pivoting TV wall mount articulating arm may work better in some spaces. For smaller screens, being able to swivel it in and out depending on what’s going on can be very advantageous.
Step 3 – Consider the Rest of Your Home Theater Design
A TV wall mount can completely change around the way a home theater looks. A common purchase homeowners make alongside a wall mount for their TV are mounted soundbars or speaker mounts. Consider how you will position other items a la gaming consoles, Android boxes, and other connected devices.
Step 4 – Find Studs in the Wall Using A Stud Finder
You don’t want gravity to bring your screen crashing down due to improper installation. The recommended and most reliable way to secure your flat-screen wall mount is through studs. Ensure you’re not hanging the weight of everything somewhere that’s likely to result in damage.
Step 5 – Complete the Installation
Once you have your studs found and marked on the wall, the rest of the installation is very straightforward. Follow the instructions. A TV wall mount installation often takes no more than a couple of minutes. Once done, test the mount to ensure everything is safe and secure before attaching your screen. It’s that easy!