Smart home and home automation can cost a lot when you start adding up all the tech accessories you have to buy. From window and door sensors to lighting, smart home kitchen appliances, and more, it all adds up.
It can be intimidating browsing smart home accessories but a simple start is a smart power strip equipped with everything you need to turn everyday outlets into smart outlets. That is, they’re managed through an app on your smartphone.
Turn on/off things with ease. Do it via Internet connection, anywhere and at any time.
Why Buy A Smart Power Strip
A smart power strip is advantageous for many reasons. It’s a lot cheaper than buying a smart home kit or home automation kit. A smart power strip also doesn’t require a smart home hub. Operate it through WiFi.
How to use a smart power strip is easy. You plug it in like any other power strip. Then, you need some way to control it. This can be done through a smartphone app or an app voice control feature.
Once you have control over it, you can do things like set timers, monitor it remotely 24/7, fast-charge USB devices, and more.
What Can You Use With A Smart Power Strip?
- Plug in lamps and/or lighting, turning it on and off on your phone as you enter or leave.
- Plug in humidifiers, space heaters, essential oil diffusers, and similar equipment, operating it remotely such as when you’re in bed. You don’t even need to get up.
- Plug in grow lights and indoor gardening lighting, turning it on and off through your smartphone
app without you having to even be at home.
- Plug in your Christmas tree lights and turn them on/off without having to search through your tree for the plug.
- Start the coffee maker in the morning while you’re still in bed. Wake up to the seductive smells of your favourite cup of coffee without you having to do any of the work.
There are dozens of possibilities as to what you can do with a smart plug. Especially when it’s a smart power strip with 4 outlets and 2 USB ports.
Can You Sync A Smart Power Strip With Alexa or Google Home?
Yes, a smart power strip with USB ports is compatible with voice assistants like Alexa or Google Home. This makes it even easier to control what’s plugged in. Use voice commands.
If you know what you’re doing by automating electricity through these sub-control outlets, a homeowner can have their very own smart home setup for less than $40. It’s a steal! Shop accessories for your smart home in Canada, including smart plugs and smart power strips, at PrimeCables.ca.